Terms & Conditions of Sale
These terms and conditions govern your use of the Download Service provided through the www.graphicnovelcollection.com website [as defined below]. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Download Service. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not continue to use this website.
The Subscription Services
Your attention is drawn to the definitions of certain words and expressions used in these Conditions of Sale which are contained in Condition 11. These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with that Condition.
Any order placed by you for an Issue or a Subscription advertised on the Site shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the Issue or Subscription pursuant to these Conditions; not as the acceptance by you of an offer for sale and/or supply made by Hachette.
- Basis of the Sale
- By placing an order for an Issue or Subscription you shall be deemed to accept these Conditions and any specific conditions applicable to the relevant Partwork set out elsewhere on this Site.
- These Conditions, together with any other terms set out elsewhere on this Site, shall govern and be incorporated in every Contract for the sale of Partworks entered into between Hachette and you.
- Orders can be either for Issues or Subscriptions as available on the Site. You can manage your orders through the Site.
- No order submitted by you shall be deemed to be accepted by Hachette unless and until (i) it has been acknowledged by Hachette in writing and (ii) Hachette has undertaken credit and availability checks. l. We will process your order, and a contract is made, only when these checks are completed satisfactorily and we dispatch the products to you.
- Orders will not be accepted from under-18s except with a parent’s or guardian’s authorization.
- In relation to Subscriptions, the number of issues of the Partwork to be supplied shall be the number set out in the terms and conditions of the Partwork. On occasion, we may decide to extend the life of a popular Partwork. If so, we will contact you to offer the additional issues to you but you will not be bound to take the additional issues unless you confirm you wish to do so.
- You are free to cancel a Subscription at any time by using the facilities available on the Site or simply by Writing to us, giving us 28 days notice. All the free received gifts are yours to keep. You will not owe any money for any issues not yet delivered as at the cancellation date.
- If you decide for whatever reason not to keep a received issue, you must (unless condition 4.7 applies) send it back within 7 working days from the date you receive it to the following address:
PO Box 77
If you keep an issue for more than working 7 working days from the date that you receive it then you shall be deemed to have accepted that issue and you must promptly pay the invoice for that issue.
- You may not return goods which have been opened and which are not in their original condition unless the contract under which those goods were supplied gives rise to a right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. There is no right to cancel under these Regulations, for example, when the goods supplied are audio or video recordings (including DVDs) or computer software if they are unsealed by you or when the goods are newspapers, periodicals or magazines. If you are cancelling under the Distance Selling Regulations, and we do not receive the cancelled goods back, we may arrange to have them collected at your cost. We reserve the right to charge you for any goods returned which are not in their original condition.
- You are responsible for all uses of your account. It is therefore important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your account and to your computer. Please ensure that you have signed off when you stop using a shared computer.
- Prices for the Partworks
- The price for an Issue or Subscription shall be the price displayed on the terms and conditions of each Partwork presented on the Site.
- All prices displayed on the Site are inclusive of charges for packaging and delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland, and any applicable value added tax and any other sales taxes.
- Terms of Payment
- Unless specified otherwise, you only pay at reception of the dispatch.
- You can pay by any of the methods set out on the Site.
- For Subscriptions, Hachette will retain payment details to facilitate payment when monies are due. We reserve the right to contact you to request an alternative method of payment if our records indicate that the card chosen is about to expire during the continuance of the subscription. For one-off purchases of Issues, Hachette does not keep any payment details after the monies have been received.
- All dispatched products remain the property of Hachette until payment is received. Remittance will not be considered as a payment until the funds are cleared in Hachette’s or its agent’s bank account. Until full payment is received, Hachette can request the product is returned but at the client’s cost
- Hachette shall endeavor to deliver the Partwork issues promptly and at the frequency specified in the product terms and conditions. Partwork issues shall be using Royal Mail Service. However, Hachette shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- If Hachette fails to deliver the first Partwork issue within 28 days of acceptance of your order for any reason other than your fault or any cause beyond Hachette's reasonable control, you shall be entitled at any time thereafter up until actual delivery of the first Partwork issue to cancel the order for the Issue or (as appropriate) your Subscription.
- If you notify Hachette (in accordance with Condition 10.2) of any valid claim in respect of any Partwork issue which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of such issue or any product supplied with it, Hachette shall at your option either replace the relevant Partwork issue or product free of charge or refund the issue.
- Should Hachette be unable to supply you with issues of a Partwork due to circumstances beyond its control, Hachette will notify you of such circumstances and if those circumstances continue for a period of 3 months either you or Hachette may terminate the order for the Issue or (as appropriate) the Subscription immediately. Any advance payments made by you for Partwork issues not delivered by the date of termination shall be refunded.
- Hachette will not be responsible for any loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure or any other indirect or consequential loss or business loses.
- Hachette limits its liability regarding use of its website in the Website Copyright and Liability Notice.
- Nothing in these Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods.
Hachette may terminate any Subscription forthwith by written notice if you are in breach of any of your obligations in these Conditions including to pay for the Subscription.
- By operating this Site and posting to it details of Partworks, Hachette does not make any offer to sell or supply those or any other Partworks and does not represent that:
- It is willing to supply all persons who place, or attempt to place, an order for an Issue or a Subscription; or that
- it has in stock and available for supply all or any of the Partworks described or referred to in the Site.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given either by you to Hachette or by Hachette to you under these Conditions shall be in Writing. A notice addressed to Hachette shall be sent to its Customer Centre as shown on the "Contact Us" page on the Site. Any notice to be sent to you shall be sent to the address for delivery of the Partworks specified in your order.
- Hachette will try and solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently.
"Conditions" means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out on the page of the Site headed "Website Terms and Conditions of Sale" on the date on which the Contract is made;
"Contract" means a contract made on these Conditions for the purchase of an Issue or for a Subscription;
“Issue” means a single issue of one of the Partworks, as described on the Site, which Hachette will supply in accordance with these Conditions;
"Subscription means a subscription to one of the Partworks, as described on the Site, which Hachette will supply in accordance with these Conditions;
"Hachette" means Hachette Partworks Limited about whom additional information is set out on the "Contact Us" page of the Site;
"Partworks" means the various periodicals published by Hachette as described on the Site;
"Site" means the Internet site with the home page address www.graphicnovelcollection.com;
"Writing" includes fax, e-mail and comparable means of communication.